Unlock the Bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader involves complete removeal of your files. So, do a backup for your important files.
- Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information
- Tap on “Build Number” 7 Times
- Developer option will be enabled
- Go to Settings -> Developer Options (At the bottom)
- Enable “OEM Unlocking”.
- You have to format your phone.
Proceed the steps below if you are ready to take the risk of voiding your warranty (KNOX 0x1)
It’s always better to do after your device warranty is over.
Download Necessary Files
I have made a All-in-One complete Installation ZIP file.
Download Here or Click Button BelowAll-In-One ZIP Official Link
Now, extract all the files to a folder.
Boot Into Download
- Completely Power-Off your device
- Remove every cables connected to the device
- Press the Volume-Up & Volume-Down simultaneously.
- Now connect your phone to the COMPUTER via Micro-USB Cable
- Read the instruction shown there for a moment.
- Now, press the Volume Up to continue.
- You’ll boot into ODIN/Download Mode
Flash TWRP Recovery
- Go to the “Odin3_v3.14.1” Folder and Open ODIN.
- Go to the “options” tab in the left of ODIN window.
- Uncheck the “Auto Reboot”
- Select AP in the ODIN Window.
- Browse to “twrp_3.3.1-1_J610x_28719.tar” file and select it.
- [Optional] Select the “J610FXXU1BSDF_patched_boot_28719.tar” as BOOT in ODIN if you want root access on the custom ROM.
- You will see “added !” written in the ODIN log section.
- Now, hit on Start.
Boot Into TWRP Recovery ASAP!!!
If you let the device boot into the Operating System, Your device will be RMM locked for 7 days and TWRP recovery will be repaced with the stock recovery.
Keep pressing the Volume Down and Power for 7 seconds for the screen to turn off.
Now, when the screen turns off, Immediately release all fingers and hold down the Volume Up.
You will boot into the TWRP Recovery.
Copy some files from PC to Internal Storage or SD Card
Copy the following files to your Phone:
- [Optional] Magisk-v20.3.zip (If you need to root)
Flash the Custom ROM
- In TWRP Recovery, go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe
- Check everythig except Internal Storage, MicroSD Card and USB OTG
- Swipe to Wipe.
- Now go TWRP Home and Go to “Install”.
- Browse the lineage-16.0-20200129-UNOFFICIAL-j4primelte.zip File
- And Swipe to Install
Flash GApps (Optional)
If you want Google Support like Play Store and stuff, You need to flash the “open_gapps-arm-9.0-stock-20200205.zip” File
Reboot to Lineage OS 16
The First Boot can take upto 10 mins for booting.
Please be patient.
Setup your Device
When the device bootsup, Setup your device.
Now, check for any sound problems in your devices.
If you have low sounds, you need to DO THE STEPS BELOW
Fixing Audio Problems
Do this only if you have problems with the Audio on Custom ROM.
Reboot to Recovery
- Power off device without connecting any cables.
- Press the volume up and power.
- You’ve got into recovery.
Replace the “mixer_paths.xml” file
- In TWRP, go to Mount.
- Mount Everything.
- Go to TWRP home -> Advanced -> File Manager.
- Go to /vendor/etc/ and delete the “mixer_paths.xml”.
- Now, come to the Internal storage(or SD Card) and hit on “copy” for the “mixer_paths.xml” file that I’ve provided you on the ZIP.
- Paste that on the /vedor/etc/ directory.
Congratulations, LineageOS 16 On the Go !
That’s it guys 🙂
Consider Donating to me (Via, “Buy me a coffee” on the right)if you’ve found this helpful and donations are always helpful and appreciated.
The YouTube Video on the top has my video log on doing this.
See ya Next time!